IROS2021 conference paper was submitted
Tactile lab is looking for a PhD student candidate with skills in ROS.
Tactile lab got a 18 mln kzt per year grant from Ministry of Education and Studies in Kazakhstan ( 3 years).
Temirlan Galimzhanov, Ayan Mazhitov, and Togzhan Syrymova talked about their projects and thoughts about Robotics in Kazakhstan in the new News video of the Rubric ‘Science’ called ‘The development of robotics in Kazakhstan’ (in Russian).
One of our members, Ayan Mazhitov, appeared in News in the Rubric ‘Sciene’.
The video from the News called ‘Neural Networks’ is available in Russian by the following link.
Our hoodies with Tactile Robotics logo are ready:
– The 1st Camping Robotics Workshop near Temirtau city, Kazakhstan — a new format of discussing and wide-spreading the knowledge on robotics.
– One more journal paper, on which we have been working for two years, was finally published in MDPI Sensors Journal: “Deep Vibro-Tactile Perception for Simultaneous Texture Identification, Slip Detection, and Speed Estimation, Massalim et al, 2020”. Feel free to read it as we paid 2k USD for the open access option.
Conference: 2020 IEEE/ASME International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics (AIM).
– “Shear, Torsion and Pressure Tactile Sensor via Plastic Optofiber Guided Imaging” paper is accepted for publication in IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters journal, and for presentation at 2020 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA 2020, Paris). The paper presents a new approach for sensing normal, shear, and torsional loads with an optical fiber-based tactile sensor which detects the displacements of a colored pattern.
D. Baimukashev, Z. Kappassov and H. A. Varol, “Shear, Torsion and Pressure Tactile Sensor via Plastic Optofiber Guided Imaging,” in IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 2618-2625, April 2020.
– “VibeRo: Vibrotactile Stiffness Perception Interface for Virtual Reality” paper is accepted for publication in IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters journal, and for presentation at 2020 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA 2020)
– Tactile Robotics Lab presented its work to public during Nazarbayev Univ. Open Day in the cultural capital of Kazakhstan — Almaty. During 3 days prospective students could get in touch with the projects of the lab. PI of the lab delivered 3 talks. Around 60 prospective students attended the talks.
Prospective students were interested in Robotics and AI …
There were graduated students interested in PhD programs.
There were kids interested in undergraduate programs.
The evening of the second day was almost empty. There were around only 5 prospective students during vice-provost’s talk.
– Tactile servoing paper is now available online https://doi.org/10.1016/j.robot.2019.103332
– Journal Paper accepted to Robotics and Autonomous Systems journal
– Tactile Robotics Lab presented its work to public during Nazarbayev Univ. Open Day
– Graduation Project at Tactile Robotics Lab
– Karim Massimov, Head of National Security (KNB), has tested and put on our tactile research prototypes. Tactile Robotics Lab has presented the work at the opening ceremony of Institute of Smart Systems and Artificial Intelligence (ISSAI). The event was dedicated for appearance of the Massimov’s book about AI.
– submitted icra 2020 paper
– submitted RA-L icra 2020 papers:
– Two Franka Emica Robot Arms are arrived.
– Workshop ViTac at icra2019 (Z. Kappassov, S. Salakchinov) and former NU robotics student Tasbolat.
– ICRA 2019 in Montreal
– SII2019 in Paris
– Best Thesis award
– Nursutlan Nazarbayev visited NU Research Building
– IROS2018 in Madrid
– Invited guest lecture by a Vice-President of Sorbonne Univ.
– Invited guest lecture by a Professor in haptics
– Our paper is appeared as one of the most cited papers in a peer-reviewed Journal